Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ankleversary

Today (well, yesterday by the time you read this) is my ankleversary. It's been one year since I broke myself by falling down a mine shaft.

Ok, I didn't fall down a mine shaft. That would have been a way cooler story, though. Instead, I just forgot about a sunken living room in the middle of the night. You can read the original story here.

Here are some refresher photos for you:

Both sides broken, plus I managed to dislocate my ankle as well. How you dislocate a broken ankle, I'll never know. I still remember the double "snap" though. Eeeesh.

And, technically I didn't have my surgery for another two weeks or so, but here are the post-surgery pics:
9 screws and a plate. Sounds like a dirty diner special, eh?

And, here's the surgery site a few weeks later (and it's gross....the blood doesn't really gross me out, but the long leg hair does).




Ew. Amirite? That's like Amish-level leg hair.

Well, it's been a year now. My ankle still hurts every day. Not bad. Most of the time I manage to just forget about the slight ache. But for looong days of walking, it sucks. And loooong days of climbing up and down stairs (the down hurts more than the up), it sucks.

But, I do have a super cool scar.

Here's where I should clue you in on a fun fact about our cat, Rufus. He LOVES LOVES LOVES feet. As soon as Josh or I hold our foot out for him, he comes running. He loves to rub all over our feet, and then he'll lay down, and expect us to rub him all over, while he's laying on his side. It's the cutest thing ever.

Today was no exception. I was sitting on the floor doing some recycling stuff, when Josh came over to take pictures of my scar for the ankleversary. I take my sock off, stick my foot out, and sure enough, Rufus comes running over to get a little foot action.

There are only two good shots of the scar in this set of photos, but I had to put in the Rufus shots. Enjoy.






This last picture is the best. It's like he's in kitty heaven.

Here's hoping I can go the rest of my life without breaking anything else. At least, the rest of our time in Germany. Although our house here is 3 stories, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

4 comments:

  1. If yοu want to imprоve your know-how
    just keep visiting this ωеb pаge and be updаted ωith
    the most up-to-ԁаte gοsѕip posteԁ herе.


    Feel free to vіsit my ωebpage; cheapest stairlift online

    ReplyDelete
  2. wondеrful put up, ѵеrу informаtive.

    I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector don't undеrstаnd thіs.

    You should ρrοceed yοur ωritіng.

    I'm sure, you have a huge readers' baѕe alrеadу!


    Feel free to suгf to mу ωеbρagе - best cheap luxury fragrances

    ReplyDelete